The poodle shall be socialized properly after all immunizations given, to include other people outside the family, other dogs, and strange places. Poodles should NOT go to dog parks, dog shows or other areas where there are a lot of other dogs with communicable diseases until the poodle is at least one year old. Obedience classes are recommended before the poodle is one yr old. Behavior and temperament issues arise when poodle owners ignore, fail to exercise and don't take the time and effort to train their poodles. Poodles are an extremely intelligent and sensitive breed and they need lots of attention. All poodles should be housed indoors and should not be left alone for long periods of time. While poodles don't shed or have dog odor, they do require grooming and brushing so the puppy owner should be aware that 4 to 6 week visits to the groomer will be needed.
This contract is for a Companion/pet poodle and cannot be bred or reproduced.
Viral infections, bacterial colds, or infections such as Coccidia or Giardia (bloody stools) are a form of parasites which are easily treated and are not covered in this health guarantee as they are natural things puppies can pick up anywhere and which is often brought on by the stress of a new home, new food, new people, or just a change in environment.
Although your puppy may come from show pedigrees and may be show quality, this poodle is being sold as pet with no guarantees of conformation or show quality or regarding color, coat texture, conformation, temperament, bite, or fertility (including presence of testicles) of any puppy, hernias, bite, luxating patellas, open fontanels, or tear staining, height or weight of a poodle since no breeder can know with any certainty and since many of those things are due to conditions that the puppy owner controls and not the breeder. Another thing that may show up when a puppy is taken to a new environment is kennel cough (Bordatella- a raspy cough may be signs of this) which is common when puppies are transported to their new homes and is usually caused by bacteria. Kennel cough is self limiting and like the common cold, it must run its course. Full recovery is expected and kennel cough on their own are not life threatening. All puppies are treated and vaccinated for distemper, parvo, coccidia and parasites before they leave our home.
Buyer is to spay or neuter (unless already done) the Standard Poodle and keep him/her as a companion but not before the poodle is at least 12 months old to provide proper development of the growth plates.
If a puppy’s temperament changes and the puppy grows into a teen and young adult, training and exposure to the outside elements make your poodle a better dog. The more you work with your best friend, the more you invest in their lives as your new companion, the more they will grow and mature into a lifelong, faithful friend. The Seller strongly recommends that the BUYER attend puppy class and obedience classes with the PUPPY and provide proper socialization opportunities for the PUPPY.
Your poodle goes through changes in behavior as they grow. This is a given it will occur, sometimes trying to the family. Please understand that behavior in your poodle must be developed as you would with a small child. They need to be on a schedule, they need to be gently corrected when they range into behavior that is not acceptable and they need training. Puppy owners should protect poodles from undue stress on their joints from inappropriate exercise like No jogging, frisbee catching, high jumping, etc. and should not take them to public areas where many dogs congregate like dog parks or dog shows until the puppy is one year old. Standard Poodles being a large breed dog, have a muscular and skeletal system that is growing until 18-24 months of age. Exercise must be limited until said time (18-24 months) due to the growth of their muscles, bones, bone plates, etc. Several mile hikes, walks, or repetitive jumping will break down their hips early if done prior to this age, causing hip dysplasia that is not related to genetics. In cases where this is participated in, this contract has been breached and the Health Guarantee is null and void. While hip dysplasia is not a fatal genetic flaw, we encourage puppy owners to wait as long as possible until spay/neutering their pets to allow for bone and hormone growth. Early spay/neutering has been correlated to a high incidence of hip dysplasia and joint problems
Pet Poodle -The following applies:
This dog is guaranteed against fatal genetic defects until it is 26 months of age. The original buyer of the dog has the right to a replacement poodle from the next available and comparable litter considering the following criteria have been met:
1. The original buyer must own the poodle.
2. The poodle must not have sired or whelped a litter without the seller's written consent.
3. The poodle must not have been overfed or over-exercised.
4. Should Buyer have any issues, Buyer agrees to address the matter in an entirely private manner with Seller. Specifically, Buyer agrees not to make any derogatory comments on any blog, website, social media site or group or any other internet postings.
5. In the case of death of poodle, breeder must receive a written notice of poodle’s death from owner’s vet, along with a necropsy report indication cause of death. We also reserve the right to acquire a DNA sample from the poodle to determine the dog or poodle as one of our lineages.
6. Any other guarantee is conditional that puppy owners must agree to feed only a gluten free premium diet with probiotics, adhere to a minimal vaccination schedule like Dr. Jeanne Dodd's or less and properly care for the poodle. Feeding food with corn, wheat or any other foods that have a history of recalls, Chinese ingredients, or foods like Blue Buffalo or Science Diet food will Violate any and all health guarantees.
7. After replacement with a comparable puppy, when available, is offered but refused, no further relief is available. Breeder will not refund money in whole or part for any issue. No cash refunds will be made under any circumstances. If a replacement is offered and refused, then we have fulfilled our obligation. Any replacement of a puppy is on a one time basis. Prior to the replacement of the puppy, seller will need documentation of all tests, x-rays, and medications given by your vet. The Buyer agrees to contact their vet to direct the vet to speak with us and release all health records to the Seller. The Buyer also needs to provide the Buyer's vet’s phone number in case questions arise. After receiving the aforementioned information, it will be given to our vet to review. No dog/puppy will be replaced without written documentation. Before any treatments are performed on a dog/puppy found to have genetic defects, Buyer shall contact/notify Seller.
SELLER IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY OF THE BUYER’S VET BILLS.
8. Puppy owners that fail to properly care or fail to heed our advice in caring for their puppies void any and all guarantees.
9. Puppy owners that fail to civilly communicate to us within 48 hours of being contacted will void any and all guarantees.
Good Faith: Under no circumstances should this poodle be used for breeding without permission from the Seller. Buyer certifies, by signing this agreement that he/she is not acting as an agent in this purchase; that the Buyer will not resell this poodle to a puppy mill, commercial breeder, pet store, or medical research facility. Severe penalties including $25,000 plus attorney fees apply if one of the Seller's poodles is ever used for breeding without our permission including breeding Doodles OR if the buyer misrepresents themselves to us OR acts in a fraudulent manner in bad faith to the seller. Additional penalties including another $15,000 plus attorney fees apply if any one of the Seller's poodles is ever used to produce or breed any form of a Merle dog or Merle colored dog. The pictures which Seller emails to Buyer are the property of the Seller. Buyer does not have permission to alter these photos in any way, nor does Buyer have permission to attempt to resell any puppy acquired from Seller using any of these pictures. Using any of Sellers photos without Seller's permission will void this guarantee. Seller has the right to rescue this puppy/dog if we find that it is being mistreated, neglected, or abused and you do not voluntarily return it. Also, any mistreatment, neglect or abuse of the animal automatically voids all guarantees given by us.
First Right of Recovery: If buyer is unable to care for or chooses to change his/her mind about caring for the poodle purchased, the seller retains the right of recovery of the poodle at the buyer’s expense. The buyer must notify us as to the change in circumstances and give the seller first right to the dog before any other action is taken. The BUYER hereby agrees that if at any time the BUYER cannot take proper care of the poodle, the BUYER must contact the Seller and the Seller will have the first choice to either:1. Take the poodle back with no refund or 2. Assist the BUYER in finding a suitable home for the poodle.
This poodle must NEVER be sold to a pet store, broker, puppy mill, or surrendered to a shelter Or sold out right to anyone, Seller must be notified immediately of any problems that arise or if buyer cannot care for puppy/dog anymore.
The BUYER agrees that the SELLER is not responsible for the actions or safety of this dog once it leaves the SELLER'S possession. The SELLER is not liable for any costs that result from such actions. All provisions of this contract are designed to safeguard the dog, the breed, in general and /or the community, and as such, violation of any provision will cause damage to the SELLER'S reputation. Failure to comply with any provision will result in the return of the dog to the SELLER at the BUYER’S expense. The SELLER strongly recommends that the BUYER attend obedience classes with the POODLE and provide proper socialization opportunities for the POODLE. The SELLER neither makes nor implies any warranties or guarantees, express or implied, other than those written in the agreement including, without limitation, the warranties of merchantability and fitness. This document constitutes the entire agreement between the SELLER and BUYER with respect to this sale. BUYER'S signature below indicates that he/she has read, agrees to and does understand all the conditions of this Sales Agreement and Contract of Sale.
I acknowledge that this is a legal & binding contract and have reviewed and agree to the terms listed above. The buyer will also maintain up to date vaccines, wormings, and to keep the puppy/dog in humane conditions and provide proper food, water, and shelter. Failure to follow the above contract completely will result in “A Breach of Contract” and shall make this contract null and void. This contract applies only to the original owner (Buyer) and is NOT transferable. Any court costs and attorney fees necessary to enforce this contract shall be paid by buyer in the State of Texas and the Laws of the State of Texas, Country of United States of America will govern the interpretation of this contract. There are no other warranties, expressed or implied except as contained herein.