Regarding Medical Treatment in the absence of the Pet Owner:
In my absence, I hereby give my permission to Countryside Pet Resort, Training & Event Center (hereinafter CPRTEC) to act as my agent in case of any emergency or in the case of any apparent health issue regarding my pet(s). Additionally, in my absence I have directed CPRTEC to transport my pet(s) to one of the following at their sole discretion, depending on their assessment of the situation: our Veterinarian of choice, a nearby Veterinary Clinic, or animal emergency care facility for any medical issues which may arise while in the care of CPRTEC.
Check out time is 1:00 p.m. Pets picked up after 1:00 p.m. will be charged for the entire day. Dogs picked up on Sunday will be charged for the entire day.
This is an Agreement between CPRTEC, and the Pet Owner whose signature appears below (hereinafter called "Owner") and will cover all present and future pets belonging to the pet owner including but not limited to those listed above.
1. Owner agrees to pay the rate for pet care provided in effect on the date the pet is checked into CPRTEC.
2. Owner further agrees to pay all costs and charges for special services requested, and all veterinary costs for the pet during the period said pet is in the care of CPRTEC.
3. Owner further agrees that the pet shall not leave the facility until all charges due are paid by Owner or proper payment arrangements are agreed upon by both parties.
4. By signing this Agreement and leaving pet with CPRTEC, Owner certifies to the accuracy of all information given about said pet. CPRTEC reserves the right to deny admittance to Owner's pet for any reason any time.
5. CPRTEC shall exercise reasonable care for the pet delivered by the Owner to our facility. If interactive daycare is provided, Owner recognizes and accepts potential risks involved in such activity.
6. It is expressly agreed by the Owner that CPRTEC's liability shall in no event exceed the lesser of the current chattel value of a pet of the same breed or species, or the sum of $500 per pet admitted. The owner further agrees to be solely responsible for any and all acts of behavior of said pet or pets while said pet or pets is in the care of CPRTEC, to include payment of costs for injury to staff or other animals or damages to facilities caused by the pet or pets. Additionally, I expressly understand that CPRTEC's total liability of $500 includes any or all costs related to my pets' injuries, accidents, mishaps and/or death. This includes any veterinary treatments and/or surgeries I elect to have performed on my pet as a result of any alleged accident or incident that I claim to have happened, or that was reported to me by staff, during my pets' stay at CPRTEC.
7. Owner specifically represents to CPRTEC that, to the Owner's knowledge, that the pet has not been exposed to any contagious diseases within a thirty-day period prior to check-in. During the period of this Agreement, Owner also agrees to notify CPRTEC of any known exposure of pet to a communicable disease and hold pet out of attending CPRTEC until pet is symptom-free for a minimum of 14 days or with written veterinary clearance. Owner further agrees to maintain currency of vaccinations as required by CPRTEC's policy.
8. All Charges incurred by Owner shall be payable upon pick-up of pet, or when billed by CPRTEC at address listed on contract. CPRTEC shall have, and is hereby granted, a lien on the pet for any and all unpaid charges resulting from services provided by CPRTEC. The Owner hereby agrees that in the event the charges are not paid when due in accordance with this contract, CPRTEC may exercise its lien rights upon ten days written notice given by CPRTEC to Owner by certified mail to address shown on contract. CPRTEC may dispose of pet for any and all unpaid charges, at private or public sale, in the sole discretion of CPRTEC, and Owner specifically waives all statutory or legal rights to the contrary. If such sale shall not secure a price adequate to pay such costs of pet care or other charges delinquent, plus costs of sale, then Owner shall be liable to CPRTEC for the difference. All monies realized by CPRTEC at such sale, over and above the charges due and costs of sale, shall be paid to Owner.
9. Pet Owner recognizes that Anne Barlow, owner of CPRTEC, is an American Kennel Club dog show judge and agrees not to exhibit, or have exhibited, any dog owned or co-owned to Ms. Barlow for a period of one year after said pet has boarded at CPRTEC.
10. This Agreement contains the entire agreement between the parties. All terms and conditions of this Agreement shall be binding on heirs, administrators, personal representatives, and assigns of the Owner and CPRTEC.
12. Should a disagreement arise regarding my pets' boarding at CPRTEC, I understand that both parties to this Agreement agree to waive their rights to trial for any alleged breach of this Agreement and expressly agree that any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to this Agreement, or the breach thereof, or as the result of any claim or controversy involving the alleged negligence by any party to this Agreement, shall be settled by mediation in Williamson County, Texas. The Mediator's decision shall be final and binding to both parties and may include, as a part of the award to the prevailing party, the costs of such mediation and attorney's fees of the prevailing party.
13. I agree not to write any negative reviews on any social media site or website including but not limited to Yahoo, Google, Bing, Yelp or Facebook.
I understand CPRTEC will not release my pet(s) to any person other than those whose signature(s) appears below or to those designated by a signer of this agreement.