Harford County Education Foundation provides funding to enrich and enhance learning through innovative ideas that directly impact student achievement.
Grants are awarded up to $500 for classroom projects and up to $1000 for team/school-wide initiatives. The total number of awards dependent on available funding.
The grant application should meet these goals:
1) Enhance the existing academic program.
2) Impact a broad number of students and have lasting or sustainable educational value.
3) Be innovative and creative in teaching and/or learning.
4) Offer opportunities for partnership within the school and/or the community.
Allow 4 weeks for the grant application to be processed.
Grant funding can not be used for school supplies or food. School supplies can be obtained from the Tools for Schools Resource Center. Packaged programs are not eligible for funding.
Only complete applications that meet the goals of the Classroom Innovation Grant program will be considered. Grants will be scored using the goals as a rubric.
Each school receiving a school grant is required to:
1) Complete the activities described in the proposals by June 1.
2) Submit a one-page report describing the outcomes of the project funded with an accountability of the funds used after the completion of the project. Photos are highly encouraged and appreciated.
3) Submit thank you letters and photos of the students participating in the benefit of the program funded. These tools help us maintain and reach even more donors to support funding for other classroom grants.
Your proposal may be placed on the Classroom Innovation Project funding page on the Education Foundation's website to encourage businesses to help support your project. If a business funds your project, you will be required to write a thank you note to the donor.
Email questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.