Harford County Education Foundation provides funding for educational and parent involvement programs that support the implementation of innovative instruction in the classroom and home that directly impact student achievement. Grants are awarded up to $500. Consideration to larger awards can be considered through the discretion of the the Board of Directors. Classroom Innovation Grants will foster:
* Innovative programs or projects targeted to enhance instruction in the classroom to raise student achievement in core academic subjects.
* Parent involvement initiatives that engage parents into student learning and provide tools that will support learning at home. These activities include educational collaboration activities for faculty and parents, and evening programs that encourage parents to participate in student learning and planning for educational success.
Allow 4 weeks for the grant application to be processed.
Grant funding can not be used for school supplies or food. School supplies can be obtained from the Tools for Schools Resource Center
All applications must include the following:
1. A completed copy of the Grant Application Form.
2. A proposal narrative to describe the project you are requesting funding. Narratives should include the following information: (type in proposal narrative box below)
* Describe the program you propose to implement.
* What are the goals and timeline for this project? Whom will the project serve and how?
* Is this a new project or the expansion of an existing project?
* Describe the benchmarks/measurable outcomes that will be used to determine the projects success?
* Provide a specific project budget complete with itemized expenses and other revenue sources if applicable. ( type in budget box below)
Each school receiving a school grant is required to:
1) Complete the activities described in the proposals within a one year period of time.
2) Submit a one page report describing the outcomes of the project funded with an accountability of the funds used after the completion of the project. Photos are highly encouraged and appreciated.
3) Submit thank you letters and photos of the students participating in the benefit of the program funded. These tools help us maintain and reach even more donors to support funding for other classroom grants.
Your proposal may be placed on the Classroom Innovation Project funding page on the Education Foundation's website to encourage businesses to help support your project. If a business funds your project, you will be required to write a thank you note to the donor.
Email questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.